It has been more that 9 1/2 years since uur website WWW.JAINHERITAGECENTRES.COM (JHC) has been launched. It has been a means of propagating Jainism and ‘Jain Heritage Centres’ in particular all through the years. All throughout we have tried our level best to propagate Jainism in its best possible way. As time evolved we have been evolving ourselves by adopting our website to modern technologies and changes. It was in October 2009 that the website was relaunched with its new design.
Though it looked good with a new design it lacked a lot with many features. Bearing this in mind we have relaunched the website on a completely new platform & technology.
Though the site is live with the new design since December 20, 2011 we made it a point to have our visitors feedback with out any announcements. Now its time to make it official.
I take this opportunity to announce that our website is now live with a completely new design and a new platform. We have included in it a whole new set of features.
Below is a list of features that have been included –
- Automated Content and News Updation – All the contents & news updations in the site has been automated completely. It is just a matter of clicks when it comes to content updation.
- Photo Galleries – All the photo galleries can be updated very quickly with few clicks. Our updates made during the Mahamasthakabhisheka Mahotsava of Lord Bahubali at Venur is a testimony to this.
- Comments & Discussions on Articles – Users can post their comments to the article and initiate discussions on topics related to the article on the same page.
- RSS News Feeds – All the news in the site can be subscribed through RSS News Feeds. You can now embed these feeds on to your Google/Facebook/Yahoo page to stay tuned with the latest news updates on the site with out even logging on to the site.
- Facebook, Twitter & Google Plus – Users can like the articles/tweet/+1 on Google plus and spread the word about the article, its content & Jainism amongst your friends.
- Jain Maps & Jain Routes – Where ever possible we have included Jain maps and if required we have even created new maps on Google Maps and have been embedded as a part of the articles/stories. This process of updation will continue in the days to come. We look forward to providing more maps and routes in the days ahead.
- Facebook Page – Please visit this link https://www.facebook.com/jainheritagecentres and like us on Facebook so as to get regular updates on the posts. Also I request you to kindly promote this page amongst your friends.
- Twitter Page – You can follow us on Twitter at this link https://twitter.com/#!/jainheritage.
- Facebook & Yahoo Community – You can send news & initiate discussions on Facebook Community (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Yahoo groups (email@example.com).
- Forthcoming Events Calendar – The Forthcoming events calendar that was existing earlier has been redesigned on to a real time calendar.
- Gurudarshan Calendar – The Gurudarshan section that was existant earlier has been redesigned with a real time calendar so as to give the visitors a real time information on the availability of Jain Ascetics/Gurus on day to day basis.
- Call for Contributors/Volunteers – We would like to invite the Jain community to actively involve in our initiative either as contributors/volunteers in updating different sections & categories of the website. Interested individuals/organisations can send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 91 9880818869. Our team will get in touch with you.May be through these initiatives I think we might be able to server the community in a much better way.
I would like to humbly thank you all for your continued patronage over the years and look forward for your continued support in the days to come.
I look forward to hearing from you all. Please feel free to call us 91 9880818869 or mail us at email@example.com.
Thanks & Regards