Sonda (Sirsi Taluk, Uttara Kannada District, Karnataka), October 1, 2013: On the occasion of Navaratri & Vijayadashami special poojas and other related religious celebrations have been organised at the ancient Jain Heritage Centre Swadi (Sonda) Jain Muth from October 5-14, 2013 in accordance to the Jain tradition that has been followed over the centuries. The pooja will be performed as per the directions, guidance & presence of His Holiness Swasti Sri Bhattakalanka Swamiji of Sonda Jain Mutt. Special poojas will be organised on all the days of Navaratri.
The detailed programme schedule is as below:
- Saturday October 5, 2013: Sri Laghu Siddhachakra Aradhana
- Sunday October 6, 2013: Sri Bhaktamara Vidhana
- Monday October 7, 2013: Sri Rushimandala Vidhana
- Tuesday October 8, 2013: Sri Ganadharavalaya Aradhana
- Wednesday October 9, 2013: Sri Chatushashtivruddhi Vidhana
- Thursday October 10, 2013: Sri Kalyana Mandira Vidhana
- Friday October 11, 2013: Sri Shanthinath Vidhana
- Saturday October 12, 2013: Sri Navagraha Aradhana
- Sunday October 13, 2013: Sri Chaturvimshati Tirthankara Vidhana
Special Programmes on Vijayadashami day – On Monday October 14, 2013 special programmes have been organised. The photo & paduka of Sri Akalnka Acharya will be taken out in procession in a pallakki along with horses & elephants. Offering of panchamrutha pooja to the Nishadhi’s of previous Acharyas at Swadi.
Mantra Akshata Ashirvada – His Holiness Swasti Sri Bhattakalanka Bhattarakha Swamiji will offer ashirvada (blessings) to all the devotees during the auspicious muhurtha from 3:48 on to 4:31 pm on October 14th. Further, the uniqueness is that he will offer his blessings on this day by sitting on the sacred seat of the pontiff of this place.
On all these days panchamrutha pooja will be performed to Lord Parshwanath and Goddess Kushmandini. Special decorations will be done to Goddess Kushmandini on all the days. – Jain Heritage Centres News Service