Dr.Parshwanath (born-7th July 1947) a person with an interesting and pleasing personality is the guiding spirit behind this site. Dr.Parshwanath, a doctor by profession, was the World Health Organisation(W.H.O.) fellow and visited Denmark and U.K. in the years 1982-1983. He has put up around 38 years of experience as a medical teacher and pathologist. He worked at Govt. Medical Colleges in Hubli, Bellary, Bangalore and Mysore and has served as a professor of pathology for more than 26 years. He headed the departments of pathology at the Mysore and Bellary for about 10 years. He was instrumental in bringing about lot of improvements in the department. He has also served as the Joint Director of Medical Education, Government of Karnataka, Bangalore and retired in May, 2005. Soon after his retirement he joined the reputed Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara (SDM) Institute of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad as professor of pahology.
He completed his graduation and postgraduation from the Mysore University (1970 &1976). He is the recipient of the coveted “Best Medical Teacher Award 2003” given by the Indian Medical Association (IMA), Karnataka chapter.
He is known for his authoritative lectures and discussions on Kannada Literature, Dramatics &Heritage of Karnataka. His discourses on religious concepts is well received both by the rural and urban folk.
Also Dr.Parshwanath is a dramatist. He being one of the senior most amateur stage artist of Karnataka, has acted in more than 100 Kannada Dramas. He is the recipient of the prestigious ‘KARNATAKA NATAKA ACADEMY FELLOWSHIP’ (1998) for his yeoman contribution to the growth and development of the Kannada theatre. He is the first medical doctor and the first Jain in the history of Karnataka to receive such a prestigious award.
He is a Kannada activist and is known for his dedicated activites and concern related to Kannada-Kannadiga-Karnataka. His involvement in the Gokak Agitation (1983), protests for the protection of Kannadigas interest in the Cauvery water dispute stands as a testimony for his concern for mother Kannada.
Apart from this he is a prolific writer in Kannada. His works include-
- ‘Sannidhi’-An informative research work on the historical places of Karnataka
- ‘Jinamana’-A reference work on Jainism
- ‘Ranga Sanga’-An informative documentation on theatrical movement of Karnataka
- ‘Ranga Prasanga’- A collection of reviews and articles on Karnataka Dramatics
- ‘Rangaloka’- A reference work on Karnataka Dramatics
- ‘Vyakthi Shakthi’-A collection of profiles about the gigantic personalities in Kannada
- ‘H.K.Yoganarasimha’-A profile of a great Kannada professional artist
- ‘Nammanimmavaru’ – A collection of profiles
- Composite Work
- ‘Sutta Mutta’ – A collection of letters written under ‘Letters to the Editor’ column in various Kannada dailies and periodicals.
- ‘Sankarya’- A collection of articles on sculptural, historical, ethnological, national, institutional and moral studies.
- ‘P.R.Thippeswamy’-A translation from Kannada to English
- ‘F.M.Soophie’-A translation from Kannada to English
- ‘Suruchi Rangasiri’-A book edited, containing the details of Suruchi, a home theatre in Mysore
- ‘Vivekananda Vani’
- ‘Ranga Kadamba’ – A felicitation volume on a theatre personality
- Sangathi – A felicitation volume on a theatre personality
- Edited (with Others)
- Bharatiya Mahila Kavya
He has maintained a good home library which includes about 12000 books covering the various topics-Heritage of Karnataka, profiles and biographies, theatre & celluloid literature, poetics and Jainism. He has in his collections very rare and valuable Kannada as well as English books.
The dailies and periodicals of nearly 25 to 30 years are found in his library. He is fond of Lankesh patrike and has its treasure since the time of inception (1980) to till date. The other titles include Jwalamuki, Hi Bangalore, Ee vara, Suddhi Sangathi, Abhimani, Janagere Patrike and film tabloids like Aragini, Chitrajyothi, Roopalekha, Rangavalli.
‘Ratnakarandaka’ – a felicitation volume was presented to Dr.Parshwanath on his 60th birthday by his friends and well wishers. This book contains articles about him written by different people, sharing their experiences with him. It also contains reference articles on Dramatics, Jainism, Religion and Kannada literature.
Dr.Parshwanath can be contacted on his email firstname.lastname@example.org.