History – It is believed that this place was constructed by Bharat Chakravarti. While he was leading a Sangha, some great monks practicing penance on the bank of the river Saraswati told Somyash Kumar, son of Bahubali that the holy land would be the place of Samavasaran of eighth Tirthankara Bhagawan Chandraprabhu. Hearing this, Bharat built a temple of Bhagawan Chandraprabhu. This pilgrimage place is mentioned in ‘Shetrunjay Mahatmaya’ composed by Shri Dharmeshwarsuriji in the year 370 of the Vikram era. At the time of invasions in the first century of the Vikram era, the idols of Ambikadevi etc came here from the Vallabhipur temple. Under the instructions, of Kalikalasarvajna Hemchandracharya, Maharaj Kumarpal built many temples here. There are also documents showing that the festivals of Anjanashalaka and installation of idols were celebrated here five times under the auspicies of Shri Vijaysurishwarji before the year 1666 of the Vikram era. The temple was again renovated in the years 1876 and 2008 of the Vikram era. The idol was installed under the auspices of Shri Chandrasagarsuriji. All these are documentary and historical proof of antiquity of this tirth. Near this temple, there are seven other temples. In the cellar in the basement of the temple, there is an Agam Mandir. The idols of Bhagawan Dokariya Parshwanath and of Bhagwan Mallinath are ancient. Since this is a very ancient pilgrim centre, the ancient Jain sculpture is also seen in the mosque in the town. There is also a temple in the town.
How to Reach – It is in the center of Prabhaspatan at a distance of one and a half Kms from the main Somnath temple. The nearest railway station of Veraval is at a distance of 5 Kms. Bus service and private vehicles are available here. good boarding and lodging facilities are available at this place.
Main Deity – Nearly 4 feet high, white colored idol of Bhagawan Chandraprabhu in the Padmasana posture.