History – The ancient artistic remains in this temple tells the antiquity of this place. It is believed to belong to a period earlier than the tenth century of the Vikram era. In this temple, there are metal idols of the 24 Tirthankaras. There is an inscription that was damaged during the Muslim rule, this temple was renovated in the year 1649 of the Vikrama era. In the times of King Vikramaditya, this village was a street of the city of Ujjain and a palace of King Vikramaditya was found and beside it there was palace of the queen. It is now called Ranikot. Once the Shravakas decided to carry the idol to Ujjain. After their discussion, they entered the temple to bow their heads to the idol. There they saw a snake indicating ‘no’ and the Shravakas gave up the idea. On account of many such miracles, this temple is held in high esteem even today.
How to Reach – The temple is situated in the center of the Hasampura village. The nearest railway station of Ujjain is at a distance of 11 kilometers. Bus service and private vehicles are available. Board and lodging provisions are there near the temple.
Main Deity – Nearly 3 feet 9 inches high, black colored idol of Bhagawan Parshwanatha in the Padmasana posture.