History – The history of this place is very ancient. We can find many inscription belonging to the 11th century at this place which describe about the antiquity of the place. The temple is situated on a small hill on the bank of the river Narmda near the village Omkareshvar. The last renovation of this temple was completed in the year 1951 of the Vikram era. Two kings namely Santkumar and Madva and ten Kamdevs and many Jain Ascetics have attained salvation from this place. This is being mentioned in the Nirvan Kand and many Jain inscriptions found at this place. A fair is held here from the thirteenth day to the fifteenth day of the bright half of the month of Fagan. In addition, there are ten more temples.
How to Reach – From this tirth on the Khandva – Indore railway line, the nearest railway station of Badvaha is at a distance of 19 kilometers and Omkareshvar road is at a distance of 11 kilometers. By road one can reach Mandhata from Un via Snavad. Dharamshala are availaBLE AT Mandhata. From here one have to cross the river to reach the Tieth situated on the Hill. Bus service and private vehicles are available. On the river bank there are boats to ferry one to the other bank. In Omkareshvar too, there are board and lodging provisions.
Main Deity – Nearly 4 feet high, black coloured idol of Bhagawan Mahavira in the Kayotsarga posture.