History – We can find two Jain temples at Shirpur. One of these temples has the black coloured idol of Bhagawan Parshwanatha in the Padmasana posture. The idol in this temple is very ancient. This idol was installed by Mali and Sumali, the servants of Khaldusan, the brother-in-law of King Ravan. In the due course of time this temple was not seen for several years then it reappeared. It was reinstalled on the fifth day of the bright half of the month of Chaitra in the year 1715 of the Vikram era. On the fifth day of the bright half of the month of Magh in the year 1942 of the vikram era it was installed in the new temple under the presence of Acharya Abhaydevsurishvarji. In the due course of time this temple has under gone several renovations. It is said that this idol cures the diseases and solves the problems of the devotees, so devotees from different parts of the state visit this place. At the time of its installation the idol was at a horizontal distance of six fingers above the ground. A fair is held on the third day of the bright half of the month of Fagan and on then tenth day of the dark half of the month of Magasar. The other templeat this place is the beautiful artistic pinnacle temple of Bhagawan Vighnahara Parshwanatha.
How to Reach – Shirpur is at a distance of 19 kilometers from Wasim and at a distance of 72 kilometers from Akola. Bus service and private vehicles are available. Board and lodging facilities are available near the temple.
Main Diety – Nearly 3 feet 7 inches high, black colored idol of Bhagawan Parshwanatha in the Padmasana posture.