History – Swarngiri was famous as Kanakachal in history. The temple of Bhagawan Parshvanath (Kumarvihar) built by King Kamarpal, was constructed in the year 1221 of the Vikram era. Temples were built here and Jaymalji, the king’s advisor, renovated all other temples. The last renovation was accomplished under instructions of Vijayrajendrasuriji. It is mentioned that many kings, their advisors and rich merchants participated in religious and social activities from the second century to the eighteenth century. We can find four temples in the fort on the hill and twelve temples at the foot of the hill. The Chaumukhji temple and the Parshvanath temple on the fort are ancient. They are called the Astapad temple and the Kamarvihar temple respectively. In the temple of Bhagawan Neminath built in the year 1656 of the Vikram era, there is an idol of Hirvijay Surisvarji giving sermons to Akbar. The newly built temple of Nandishvardvip is very beautiful. This fort is two and a half kilometres long and one and a half kilometres broad and reminds us of the splendid past. Many ancient artistic remains and beautiful idols are present here even today.
How to Reach – The temple is situated on the Swarngiri hill near the Jallore city. Jallore, the nearest railway station is at a distance of three and a half kilometers and the fort is at a distance of two and a half kilometers from the foot of the hill. The boarding and lodging facilities are available in the Dharmashalas and bhojanashalas on the hill and in the village.
Main Deity – 40 inches high, white coloured idol of Bhagawan Mahavira Swami in the Padmasana posture.