History – Achalagadh situated seven kilometers north east of Delwara, but still on Mount Abu – is an important pilgrimage centre for Jains. Pilgrims can see the sun rise from the famous Chaumukha shrine that has four big Jina statues, three of Adinath and one of Shantinath.
The Delwara temples are artistically built with white marble. The carvings and other decoration work in these temples draw the attention of the pilgrims. We can find many Jain statues occupying the central sanctums to a variety of small images. In the temple dedicated to Kunthunath we can find the Samavasarana assembly.
On the top of a hill, there is a temple of Bhagawan Adinatha. The idol of Bhagawan Adinatha was installed here on the tenth day of the bright half of the month of Falguna in the year 1566 of the Vikram era, under the auspices of Jaykalyansuriji. This is the land of nirvana of the great ascetic Mahatma Vijayshantisurishvarji. A huge photograph of Vijayshantisurishvarji is kept at the place in memory of his nirvana. There are also temples of Bhagawan Shantinath built by king Kumarapal, Bhagawan Kunthunath, and Bhagawan Adinath. The caves of Gopichand and Bhartuhari, the Bhrugu Ashram, the Mandakini kund and the Tirthvijay Ashram in this place are worth seeing.
How to Reach – The nearest railway station of Abu is at a distance of 37 kilometers. One can visit this place via Mt. Abu and Delwara. This place is at a distance of 6 kilometers from Mt. Abu and 4 kilometers from Delwara.
Main Deity – Nearly 3 feet 6 inches High, golden coloured metal idol of Bhagawan Adinath in the Padmasana posture.